You may be able to do these things elsewhere, but I doubt it. Here in Japan, we can:
1. get our hair done at “Oops” (for those who dare)
2. drink salty bubbles with our horse jerky (made with 100% Japanese horses, claims the package)
3. order from a menu that includes these tasty items: a. Fresh keen’s gaper, b. Chicken grunt, and c. Silver travally. Can you guess what sort of restaurant this was? (right, a sushi bar)
4. live in an apartment named “Forest Blight” (and dream of those blighted forests of Northern Europe)
5. finally, when all the above gets to be too much for the expat in Japan, we can always run to Dr. Brookstone’s Brain Office for a round of therapy. Only in Japan.
And lastly, today’s iPhone photo. A small flower blooms amid fallen cherry blossoms. As seen outside my building on campus yesterday.